HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM BRIO CUSTOM
We'll keep this short because you've got cookies to bake. All of us at Brio Custom want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for another amazing year.
We love what we do, and you make it possible. We can't wait to see the fantastic challenges, wonderful ideas, and amazing opportunities you have in store for us in 2023.
Check out the recipe below and happy baking!
GINGER BREAD COOKIES
1½ cups (7½ ounces) - all-purpose flour
½ cup packed (3½ ounces) - dark brown sugar
1½ teaspoons - ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons - ground ginger
¼ teaspoon - baking soda
¼ teaspoon - salt
6 tablespoons - unsalted butter, melted and cooled
⅓ cup - molasses
1 tablespoon (½ ounce) - milk
1. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt to food processor and lock lid into place. Turn on processor and process until combined, about 10 seconds.
2. Stop processor and remove lid. Add melted butter, molasses, and milk and lock lid back into place. Turn on processor and process until soft and crumbly dough forms and no streaks of flour remain, about 20 seconds.
3. Stop processor, remove lid, and carefully remove processor blade (ask an adult for help). Use rubber spatula to scrape dough onto clean counter. Knead dough until it comes together, about 20 seconds.
4. Lay sheet of plastic wrap on counter. Place dough in center of plastic and flatten dough into 8-inch circle. Wrap dough tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. If dough has been refrigerated for more than 1 hour, be sure to let dough sit on counter for 15 minutes before rolling out.
5. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Remove dough from refrigerator and discard plastic. Place dough in center of second large sheet of parchment. Place third large sheet of parchment on top of dough. Use rolling pin to roll dough into 11-inch circle (about ¼ inch thick), rolling dough between parchment.
7. Peel off top sheet of parchment. Use cookie cutter to cut dough into gingerbread people. Use spatula to transfer shapes to parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced about ½ inch apart.
8. Gather dough scraps and place them in center of large piece of parchment, and place another piece of parchment on top. Repeat rolling and cutting steps with dough scraps until you have 12 cookies. Discard remaining dough scraps.
9. Place baking sheet in oven. Bake until cookies are slightly puffy and just set around edges, 9 to 11 minutes.
10. Use oven mitts to remove baking sheet from oven (ask an adult for help). Place baking sheet on cooling rack and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
11. Use spatula to transfer cookies directly to cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely, about 30 minutes. Decorate as desired.